With Microsoft Media Center and the WinTV-HVR-2200 MC you can
- Watch Freeview digital TV (DVB-T) or analogue TV on your PC screen while recording a different channel on the second tuner!
- Pause analogue or digital TV, with instant replay, skip, fast forward and rewind.
- Record digital TV programmes in original MPEG-2 quality.
- Record analogue TV to disk in high quality MPEG-2 quality with the hardware MPEG-2 encoder.
- Use Media Center’s TV scheduler to automatically record your favourite TV shows. Playback your recordings at any time on your PC screen.
Watch analogue and digital TV on your Media Center PC. The WinTV-HVR-2200 MC includes everything you need to watch, pause and record analogue PAL and digital Freeview TV on your Vista Media Center PC.
The WinTV-HVR-2200 MC can be used in either full height or half height PC systems, using the supplied low profile adapter bracket.
WinTV-HVR-2200 makes your PC future proof. WinTV-HVR-2200 MC can switch between analogue PAL TV and digital Freeview TV, so you can watch analogue PAL TV now and receive Freeview TV when it is available in your area. You can also connect your cable TV or satellite TV set top box to WinTV-HVR-2200, so you can watch, pause and record set top box programmes too.
WinTV-HVR-2200 MC is a compact, low profile, dual tuner, PCI-Express card that fits in all the latest Microsoft Vista Home Premium and Ultimate PCs with a PCI-Express 1x slot. If you have a normal PC or an extra slim one, WinTV-HVR-2200 MC comes with both full height and half height brackets.
- DVB-T or Analogue TV reception requires a TV aerial (a high gain rooftop aerial is recommended). If you have a cable or satellite TV box, Windows Media Center will need to use the “IR blaster” to control the box for channel changing.
- For Digital Terrestrial reception, some viewers may need to replace their aerials if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being updated. However it may take some time for full coverage to reach particular areas of the country. Your local retailer will be able to provide up to date coverage information for your area based on a post code database. To check if you can receive a digital transmissions in your area, enter your Post Code at: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
- An Internet connection is required for the Windows Media Center EPG service.
- The WinTV-HVR-2200MC supports DVB-T TV not DVB-T2.